When creating my preliminary task I feel that not having a good plan held me back and lead to my preliminary task not being as good as it possibly could be. I feel that I have managed to overcome this problem when creating my final product, thus making my magazine a lot better. I feel I had a plan for every aspect of my magazine; this made the process far easier.
Since creating my preliminary task I feel I've learnt lot about creating a good magazine. I don't feel like I put a lot of effort into making my preliminary task look good. The images I took weren’t well plan or shot, therefore I believe this held my preliminary back from being as good as it could have been. I also feel that I didn't take into consideration the style of magazine when creating the contents page as the information I included was basic.
I comparison I feel like learnt to take a lot more into consideration when creating my final product. I did a lot of research on current music magazines in order to make sure my magazine would look like a real music magazine. I have learnt that selecting the correct images is important when creating my final product even though I am not 100% happy with how my images turned out I feel like I successfully worked with what I had. I think the images I used of different artists worked well as it showed the readers that the magazine would feature more than one artist. I also feel like the editing and style of the image on the double page spread worked well. I have learnt that the style and way the text and images are put across is extremely important when trying to attract readers. In my preliminary task I feel like I didn't take much consideration when placing the text, therefore I looked for inspiration when deciding how to place the text, later on taking inspiration from Dazed and Confused and Wonderland magazines. I feel that my understanding of different magazines was helped me when designing the style of my magazine as I wanted to create a contemporary music magazine rather than a generic on. This meant I spent more time looking at magazines like i-D than magazines like Q. I took inspiration from the simplistic style of i-D magazine covers. I think that it’s obvious that I researched magazines a lot as the differences between the contents pages in my preliminary tasks differs greatly to my final piece as I looked at a considerable amount of music magazines and took inspiration on how to make my final contents page look good. My preliminary contents page was empty and lacked information that you would expect in a magazine contents page. I feel that I learnt the importance of filling the contents page to attract more readers to the magazine.
• I don’t think the image is taken well enough to be on the cover
• The text is randomly places around the cover and looks unorganised
• I don’t think the colours used works well, I don’t think the colours are eye catching enough
• The images included on my contents could of been edited better, they just look like they are randomly placed
• There’s a lot of white space, which makes the contents page appear empty
• I feel that the text is now placed a lot better. I prefer it all being grouped together as it looks more organised and put together. I also feel it fits the contemporary theme of my magazine
• The images used fits the style of the magazine better than the image did for my preliminary task.
• The colour scheme of white and black is aesthetically pleasing. I feel it goes well with the clothing the artists are wearing. As well as the contemporary laid back style of my magazine. I took inspiration for my colour schemes from magazines like Faul and Wonderland
Overall I feel I’ve learnt a lot in the time between creating my preliminary task and creating my final piece. I spent far longer planning and researching when creating my final piece. I believe this was key to improving the standard of my magazine from what it was during my preliminary task to what it is now.




No comments:
Post a Comment