My audience is 16 - 24 females and males. The young age range helped me when planning my magazine my friends and I fit into this age range, so therefore I already had some understanding in what young people would want to see in a music magazine. I personally feel that even though my magazine is aimed at males and females, I feel that this cover will attract more females than males due to having a female on the cover. The images of the cover star within the magazine give off a girly vibe, therefore reinforcing the attraction to a female market. The colour scheme of white and black is unisex so won't draw one group of people to the cover more than another.
The text included on the cover will my audience as it includes a lot of artists that my target audience would listen to, therefore attracting them to read my magazine. The audience I'm trying to target are people who enjoy listening to unknown artists, as well as known artists. ‘Women in music’ would obviously attract a female audience, but I feel this is okay as the inclusion of the artist included within the magazine would also attract a male reader. A lot of unknown / up and coming artists post music on social networking sites like Facebook, twitter and YouTube, since the majority of people who use these sites are young adults means my target audience will always be looking for new artists and placing them in a magazine will only enable them to find more artists. Therefore I believe including an up and coming artists on my cover would be an attractive feature when readers see the magazine cover.
I decided not to include large amounts of text on my contents page, as not only did I not like how it looks, as I feel it looks cluttered, but I also think it makes it simpler for the reader to get to the point and find the page they want easily without the distraction of large amounts of text on the page. I included four images on the contents page, two of which were of the artist on the cover. The other two of different artists that would be included in my magazine. I feel that this would attract my target audience as the images will draw the attention as they may already know the artist or they may wonder who they are and it would convince them to continue reading the magazine. I sectioned off the contents page in to four sections to make it simple and fast for the reader to find the bit they're looking for. I feel that this would suit a young audience as they are normally busy and making it easy for them to find the sections they want to read. I feel it helps attract a range of 16- 24 years olds as the 'announcements' section will attract reads who like going to festivals and gigs and the 'reviews' section will attract readers who are looking for new music and people’s opinions on music.
My double page spread would attract a young audience as the interview style isn't too busy and makes it look appealing as the reader can select the questions they want to read. I personally feel this suits my target audience as I personally would prefer to read an interview that would enable me to learn more about an artist than a long winded article. The smaller closing paragraph gives the reader chance to find out more about the artist and I feel this would attract my target audience as it gives them the chance the find out more about that particular artist if they decide to. The pull quote used draws the reader in, giving them a little insight in to the article. The images on the double page spread would attract my target audience as its eye catching due to the fact it isn’t what you would normally expect to see. I play around with the page and my audience feedback from my target audience lead me to believe this would be the best way to attract my target audience. This is because I was giving feedback that suggested in comparison the single image double page spread looked dull and boring. This helped me when addressing my audience as my target audience is young, so therefore would want something interesting and fun, not young and boring.
No comments:
Post a Comment