My magazine is targeted at people who are interested in up and coming artists as well as established artists. The genre my magazine is based on is varied as it includes acoustic artists as well are indie artists, but could be classed as indie alternative overall. This kind of music isn't too heavy so I wanted to keep my magazine simple, thus keeping with the simplicity of music included. I feel having minimal text, mainly placed down the left hand side of the cover makes it look simple as it isn't randomly placed around the page.
I feel that including up and coming artists was the main way I was able to attract my social group as a lot of indie artists are mainstream. I used a simplistic style throughout my magazine, by keeping the text on the contents page to a minimum and in different sections. I feel the different sections would be something that would entice this social group as it includes announcements that would enable them to find out about new music. The 'feature' section would also attract this social group as it shows who are the main known and up and coming artists in this issue. I continued with the simple layout on the double page spread by including a small introduction of the artists then three simple columns, I feel the select on images on the double page spread adds to the laid back feel of the magazine as it doesn’t look like the artist is taking herself too seriously. The overall style of the magazine is simple and laid back and I feel that it represents the social group I was aiming at it.
My target audience is 16 -24 year old males and females. If I had to attach a stereotype to the social group that would read my magazine I'd say they were indie. I believe this as the kind of music included wouldn't be described as mainstream, so therefore would suite the indie style of music so would represent indie social group. I wanted to give my magazine a laid back feel in order to attract my target reader, I feel most of the music included in my magazine is very laid back and for that reason wanted the style of the magazine to be laid back as well. When writing my double page spread I tried to keep it laid back, I did this by not being overly formal in the language used, for example “We jumped at the opportunity to have a one on one chat “I feel this gives the article a relaxed and friendly feel, therefore not coming across to formal and serious.
I also represented my social group through the clothes the artist wore on the cover and double page spread. As previously stated I wanted my magazine to have relaxed, friendly feel, to represent my chosen social group and therefore I needed to make sure the clothes my artists wore fitted this style. I wanted the outfits to be more relaxed and causal to show the relaxed nature of the interview on the double page spread and therefore represent the relaxed nature of the reader and the magazine. The outfits shown are both somewhat mainstream fashionable and therefore will be a good representation of my indie social group, as the clothes they wear are fashionable, but wouldn’t be considered mainstream. I like the printed silk blouse as although it’s dressy and wouldn’t be classed as casual I think it works with the simple hair and makeup on the artist, therefore still fitting the style I wanted for the magazine.
No comments:
Post a Comment