I feel that Bauer Media Group would be the best institution to distribute my magazine. Bauer currently publishes a variety of magazines varying from music magazines; Q and Kerrang to easy reading magazines like Closer and Heat. I feel that this shows Bauer can successfully distribute a variety of magazine, therefore making me feel that they would be the best institution to distribute my magazine. In regards to the music magazines, Bauer currently publish two magazines that vary in audience type. Kerrang appeals to more of a niche market than Q does. Kerrang specialises in rock music, where as Q targets a wider range of readers as it features artists from Jay -Z to Muse.
These magazines have a strong following so it would be a good company to publish my magazine as its obvious they can produce successful magazines. I feel that my magazine would have a niche market as it includes artist that not many people would have heard of as I haven’t focused on including a majority of mainstream artists. My magazine is mainly targeted at younger audience and for that reason I feel Bauer would be the right company to publish my magazine as a lot of the magazines they publish are targeted at a more mature audience for example Mother and Baby magazine. The fact that my magazine is targeted at a younger audience would enable Bauer to reach out to more readers, thus making the company more successful.
Q is mainly focused at a male audience, whereas my magazine would sometimes target more of a female audience, though still accessible to males. I also personally feel that Kerrang is more targeted at men, so my magazine being targeted at women would enable Bauer to reach out to a new audience of music magazine readers.
Bauer publish magazine that are published on a weekly and monthly basic. My magazine would be published on a monthly basis so I feel that it'll show readers that it’ll be on similar standard to Bauer’s other monthly publications ( Q magazine.) Kerrang advertised a lot of clothing companies that the readers of the magazine would buy. I would rather have companies in my magazine that will advertise upcoming events like gigs and festivals. I would also include adverts for new musical releases such as albums and singles, due the my magazine being a music magazine it was give readers even more chance to find out about new music. I feel that having my magazine distributed by Bauer would be good as they endorse magazine that people know and are happy to buy on a regular basis. Their music magazines like Q and Kerrang that have a strong following every time they are released, therefore showing the quality of magazines Bauer produce. Overall my magazines differs from the majority of magazines Bauer publish, but still targets a niche audience like one of their currently published music magazines, therefore I feel that Bauer would be the best institution to distribute my magazine.
No comments:
Post a Comment